Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Way Back Whens-day

Of my three sons, these two are closest in age. I always think of them as a unit - "Brian-n-Conor," and, like most siblings, I suppose, they're the best of buddies and the worst of enemies.
This pic was taken in 2001, the first year we learned that we can rent a beach house for a week post-season for less money than a weekend during the summer. The boys were just tickled with every corner of the house, especially when they learned there was a balcony porch. I only included it here so you could get a good look at the partners in crime as I relate my anecdote.

Picture these two little guys, ages 5 and 3. I must have been busy with the then-current baby, and Conor wanted someone to read him a story. I guess all other avenues had been explored to no avail, so he took his storybook to Brian and asked, "Will you read me a story?"

Brian, exasperation personified, squared off and faced Conor and said, "First of all, I DON'T WANT TO. And second of all, I CAN'T READ!!!"

Makes me laugh every time I think of it.

1 comment: