Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Skirts.

My mother asked me if, this year, I would make Christmas skirts for the girls instead of buying them Christmas dresses (as was her yearly tradition before being moved to a nursing home).  Um, how do you say 'no' to your mother in a nursing home?

Finding festive fabric was the first hurdle.  We don't have any big fabric stores within an hour or so, and our walmart didn't have a scrap of anything Christmasy.  Go figure.  Another reason to hate that place.  It took me about two weeks of looking before I remembered a place that MIGHT have some, and I was right.  They also had a great selection, and charged half the price I would have paid anywhere else!

If all things go well, I can knock off a skirt in 3-4 hours.  And thankfully, things went well.  I had all the skirts (plus a tree skirt) done in the space of a week, and we found pretty sparkly turtlenecks to go with them at Kmart.






1 comment:

  1. How sweet that your mom asked you to do that, and you obliged. :) You did a fabulous job on the skirts. I LOVE them! So pretty. Your girls are just the cutest.

    Merry Christmas friend.
    hugs to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

All for the Sacred Heart of Jesus, all through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, all in union with Saint Joseph