2. He has been calming himself by sucking on the middle two fingers of his right hand since about one month of age. He seems to resort to sucking whenever he is tired or uncertain.
3. When he is tired, he doesn’t require any rocking or cuddling. He just wants to be left alone. Either we place him on his belly, or we lay him on his back and he promptly rolls over, finds his fingers, and that’s all she wrote.
4. He may be the first of our babies who has given himself a bedtime. Every night around 9:00-9:30, he starts to get inconsolably fussy. We bring him up to the crib, and (see #4).
5. He has been sleeping through the night almost from the beginning. Early on, it was in 3 or 4 hour stretches. By 3 or 4 months, when he staged a peaceful takeover of the crib from Regina, he pretty much established a pattern of sleeping from 9:30 p.m. until 7:00, 8:00 or even 9:00 a.m.
6. He started eating solid food a month ago, and now, to our disbelief and awe, he can (and does) eat the volume of his own head on a daily basis.
|Bring it on.|