Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2021: January -

 January:

I got a perm.  I wanted to try it out to see if it would work for the wedding.




Also in January, at the end of the month, I tried a new medication to help with my knee and joint pain.
I took my first dose on a Friday night.  On Saturday and Sunday I felt kind of agitated - tense in the abdomen and feeling like I was excited about something ... except I wasn't.  I just really didn't feel like myself.  I tried to take my blood pressure (Andy's suggestion) but his cuff didn't fit right.  We decided that I should go to the ER, just in case.  Of course, he couldn't go in with me (Covid).  They were able to take my pressure, and it was something like 190/110.  They gave me something intravenously which brought it down to a less absurd level, and sent me home after an hour or two.  

February:

Some time later, I did see my own doctor via video call (Covid) and started on an  low dose ACE inhibitor.  It took several weeks/months before I was getting numbers that I was comfortable with.


For some reason, Philip and I decided to make biscuits on the 8th.



On the 15th, we went to babysit Layla and Charlie while Sarah and Jer went on a ski trip.







No comments: