Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Week of October 23

 This week kinda sucks.  All Regina and I have been doing lately is fight.  She answers back and challenges everything that I say, and COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING.  Nothing ever seems to be good enough.  Even the fall foliage this year is too orange for her taste.  She's doing that thing that most of my adolescent children  have done:  She's only happy when she's getting something she wants.  The rest of the time she's complaining.  

It wearies me so much that my patience is about worn out, but my reaction to her upset Noelle enough that she didn't speak to me for two days.  Theresa missed the deadline to register to vote, but when I asked her about it I touched a nerve, and we had a fight.  I barely see her.  I've been walking around choking back tears with a lump in my throat all week.  

Last week I didn't make an entry, but I wanted to note that Monday, October 17 was the day that Scott & Emily closed on their first house.  Tuesday morning Andy, Noelle, Natalie, Regina, Philip, and I went over with the truck and trailer and helped him move just about everything and clean up a bit at the rental house.  It's a beautiful old Victorian with high ceilings, tons of windows, and solid hardwood everywhere.  More info and pictures later.

Tuesday was the Halloween parade.  Sarah came up with Layla, and Kirsten met us there with the kids.






Wednesday was a full day:  After ninja class in Sunbury at 4:00, we headed to the high school to sign up Regina (and Philip) for swimming this year.  She's excited, he's dreading it.  Then we came home to wolf down a spaghetti supper that Andy prepared before running up to the VoTech for Open House.  We got to meet her teacher and tour the whole place.  We'll find out tomorrow if anybody won something in the prize drawings.  Regina has been talking about going there for Early Education, and she really enjoyed meeting the instructors and touring the classroom.  I also found out how much the beauty services are at Cosmetology, and I'll be calling there for a hair appointment first thing in the morning!

Oh!  Andy started working for the water company this week.  He even has a company truck.

Crunchy (Connor) ended the relationship with Clare on Wednesday, citing the difficulties of a long-distance relationship.

Guess I should have started off with our trip to the corn maze at Ard's in Lewisburg.  Natalie, Philip, Regina, Scott, Scarlett, & Emily came along.  It was a mild day and a lot of fun.





Getting back to my troubles with Regina, she frustrates me so frequently that I guess I don't respond to her very charitably.  I know she likes to feel included and we really don't do many things with just the two of us.  So on Thursday night after dinner, everybody who was home planned to watch a movie together.  I don't know where everybody else was, but I asked Regina if she wanted to go on a stealth snack run with me.  We sneaked out the front door and drove away with the headlights off so nobody would see us.  She and I had a blast filling up a cart with crunchies and dip.  

Friday we visited a local campground to investigate the possibility of keeping the RV there next summer.  It's not even technically running right now, even though Andy found someone to rebuild the transmission and help him install it this summer.  There's something wrong with the speedometer and how it shifts from gear to gear.  Anyway, we're planning to get chickens in the spring, so I'm thinking we probably won't do the campground thing.  The RV is pretty small with not much privacy, and the logistics of it are kind of complicated.  

I also took Regina to the VoTech salon to get her hair trimmed.  She had an amazing experience.  



It was also the Coal Bucket game, so Andy and Natalie went up to see Shamokin get their heads handed to them.  


No comments: