Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some unforgettable moments in July...

Aren't they cute? Here's a rare moment when the're not mad at each other, both ready to leave to work the same shift at the same stand at the park. Too bad they can't stand each other, huh?



These next two really need no explanation...




Noelle has developed an affinity for lying prone on the cool, hard floors. She does this all the time. Andy even found her like this one night when he found that she was missing from her bed. It's gotten a lot more complicated now that they can reach doorknobs and let themselves out. He went to check all the windows one night during a terrific storm, and only found one twin in bed. After a quick search, he found her all alone downstairs in the dark, fast asleep face down on the kitchen floor. Go figure.


They have both recently shown a fondness for eggs. Cracking them, that is. I stepped out of the room while getting ready to make breakfast. Probably went to do something lazy and frivolous, like use the bathroom. Anyway, they both figured out how to push a chair over to the counter. Two chairs and eleven eggs later, this
is what I found when I returned.
They did it again today in the upstairs kitchen, even though I had the fridge barricaded with a full bucket of drywall compound. I have no idea how they moved it.



This is Noelle learning a new trick. Click on the picture for a close-up so you can see the pleased-as-punch little smile on her face. Argh - I went through this once already with Brian! Oh, and they can both scale up to the top of that chain link fence in the background.


The perennial favorite - the yellow truck. This was a gift from Pap & Mam on Brian's 2nd birthday. It is now missing the door, the tailgate and the gas cap, but they still play with it every day. I will often find Natalie in particular, just sitting in the driver's seat.No matter how much grass we now have, inevitably the truck ends up pushed in the bare dirt section.


This was taken right before the carjacking.



Here they are at bedtime on their 19 month "birthday." Natalie is closer to the bed rail. Gosh, look how long their legs are getting.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi! I noticed your blog link on the homeschool e-mail.
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed all that you shared!

Amy said...

Thanks for suggesting that I dig a little deeper through your blogs and listen to that song! There are tears running down my cheeks! It was so encouraging. And you are more than welcome to post my poem.