Thursday, July 19, 2012

Regina's Worst Nightmare

My mother is in the hospital, and tonight I took Regina with me when I went over to visit.  Regina was cute, charming, and a little bit mischievous, running out of the waiting room into the hall, around the corner, and back again.  Except that one time, she was around the corner and I heard her start to cry.  I just figured she bumped into something, but then she ran back around the corner and straight into my arms, crying her heart out.  A few seconds later, THIS came around the corner:


It's the medbot - the programmed medicine delivery system.  It travels the halls unaided, opens its own doors and elevators, and broadcasts messages to pedestrians.  It also terrifies small children.  She didn't stray a step away from me for the rest of the night.

I don't care if it makes me a bad mom - I laughed my head off.  At least now I know how to make her behave - "Regina, the robot's coming!"

No comments: