Monday, April 28, 2008

Brian's Digital Camera or How Pinkie & Purple-y Got Started

My middle son Brian received a digital camera this past Christmas when he was 11. I worried that he wasn't responsible enough for such a gift, but it has turned out great. He's always ready to whip his camera out when my own camera is in the back of the van, or left behind at someone's house, or out of battery, etc. He has gotten some great shots that I otherwise would have missed:





I don't even remember what they were fighting over now. Natalie is the one being choked.













Natalie is the pink baby,
Noelle is the purple baby.




The whole pink/purple thing started at the twins' baby shower, three months before their birth. So many of the "two packs" of sleepers, blankets, etc. came in pink and purple. My nieces and oldest daughter Sara decided that Noelle was a "purple" name. Since we were petrified of mixing up the little critters, we latched onto the system. Our other options were painting toenails (wears off), getting one twin's ears pierced (couldn't go through with it), or a tattoo. JK.

It turned out that Noelle had a pretty prominent birthmark on one eyelid, so we used that for a while. Of course that was AFTER Natalie changed back to pink from orange. She had jaundice pretty bad in the beginning. But then Natalie developed an eyelid birthmark on the opposite side, so if you could remember which side was which, you were okay. We didn't take their hospital bracelets off for two months, though, just in case.

Nowadays the twins keep morphing into one another, but their head shapes are different. Natalie's face is narrower, and Noelle's face and head are just a bit rounder.

I must say, however, that looking back at pictures from last year where they are dressed identically, sometimes I just can't tell who's who. It's so strange - I knew at the time, but I can't tell anymore. We thought they were so distinct, but I guess they were pretty identical after all.



Speaking of Brian, here's one of my favorite shots of him working his magic on his little sweeties.


















No comments: