Monday, October 19, 2009

Memory Lane Monday

Clare loves holidays the most out of everybody in our family. In 2006 she had her heart set on having a Halloween party, but I didn't really want to do it. I thought it was lame, but I felt bad for her. So one weeknight, shortly before bedtime, we had a little family party. We had fresh-baked Pillsbury jack o'lantern cookies, played hot potato with a mini-pumpkin, and took turns bobbing for apples.

The whole thing didn't even take 45 minutes, almost pathetically short, but 3 years later they are still talking about that great Halloween party we had.

It makes me cry, how sometimes it's the smallest things that make them happy, but I didn't even want to take the time to do it.

Here's Scott, the oldest son, showing them how it's done.

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

That's a sweet picture. Don't feel bad about it. At least they did get the small party and remember it so fondly!