Multiples and More is conducting a poll about what parents of multiples most need.
These were my favorite gifts from our twin shower:
1. Diapers, diapers, and more diapers. We received so many diapers at our twins' shower that they filled up the crib to overflowing, and the entire space beneath the crib as well. People gave us size newborn up to size 2. We didn't have to buy a single diaper for at least 6 months. Throw in a few packages of wipes and a few tubes of diaper cream as well.
2. A baby backpack and front carrier. From the time they could hold their heads steady, whenever I went out solo I wore one on my back and one on my front. I would set up the backpack (with kickstand out) on a tabletop (or counter, or back floor of the van or suburban). I'd put the front baby on, then put the second baby in the backpack and put her on as well. They were both happy and both my hands were free.
3. Two bouncer seats. Indispensible. You have to be able to put them down SOMEWHERE, especially once they're big enough to want to see what's going on.
4. Adorable onesies that said, "I was here first" and "No, I was here first." In fact, I appreciated all the matching outfits that we received.
5. Crib sheets. You thought you had enough. You were wrong. My twins also loved the visually stimulating musical mobile I put over their crib (once they noticed it was there).