Monday, September 10, 2012

Baking Bread and Taking Names

Okay, just baking bread.  My husband cooked a ham last night that we didn't get to eat, because we went to the amusement park instead.  So I cleaned it last night, got the vegetables ready, and put all the components in a crock pot to simmer.  This morning - voila!  Homemade bean soup!  And nothing goes better with bean soup than fresh bread, so I enlisted the twins' help in adding ingredients to the bread machine, then let them watch as it started mixing.

They were playing a game with the kneading blade as it turned, using chopsticks and trying to avoid the dough ball as it went round and round.  Whenever the dough ball touched their chopstick, they screamed "Chain Chomp got me!!!!!"

After a few minutes of kneading, the blade starts to pulse intermittently.  They didn't know this.  All of a sudden, the blade stopped.  They both peered in closer, quizzically.  What happened??  And suddenly, it leapt to life again, and they both jumped backwards and almost fell off their chairs, screaming with laughter.  I only had my cell phone camera with me, but this memory was made for keeping.



1 comment:

Heather~sheaaa6 said...

LOL.....a memory to cherish for sure. =]