Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Beach Time.

For some reason, we haven't been to the lakes around here for at least 10 years, probably 15.  I can't even remember the last time, but I remember Brian being a baby, so that puts us over 15 years.  Why did we stop going?  I can't remember that, either.

We told the kids we were going to a place with a lake and a beach.  Like the ocean?  No, not that big.  Are there waves?  No.  The sand is pebbly, not grainy.  There are woods, no boardwalk.  Oh, nevermind, just wait and see.  Will we like it?  I hope so...


They liked it.

















It was a GREAT day.  Philip was able to toddle in and out of the water at will.  The beach area wasn't too wide so we could see from end to end, and see the kids at all times.  The older kids could swim out to the ropes ,but even there it was only 5 feet deep.  The sandy beach kept them occupied for hours.  There was a shower house, and the water was WARM!  I even got some quiet time to read.  They all thought it was amazing and as I was typing these words and choosing pictures, they drifted through the room and asked when we can go to that place again!

No comments: