Saturday, November 29, 2008

Moments to Remember

I asked Clare (7) to keep an eye on the twins for me while I went out to the garage. When I returned a few minutes later, this is what I found...

How sweet is that?



Although they've dragged their beanbag babies around sporadically for several months, and diapered them once or twice, the twins really don't play with their dolls much.
But tonight during "story time," Natalie (pink) put her baby on her lap, showed her the book, and used the baby doll's hand to point to things in the story. They also both kissed the doll's head when she "pointed" at something in the book! Then Natalie had me wrap the baby tightly in a blanket, and "fed" her an empty bottle. By then Noelle couldn't stand it, so I had to locate the matching baby doll and do the same routine. They both cuddled their swaddled dolls, and then flopped around to get comfy before falling to sleep themselves.

I wish somebody else could have witnessed it too. I will cherish this memory - I wished with all my heart I could have had a video camera handy, but once they spy the camera, it's all over but the shouting.



And finally, this was tonight's daily dose of twinsanity... I got caught up in the dining room, teaching Clare how to draw snowflakes. This is where I found Natalie when we were done. I didn't think she could get up from that little red chair onto the countertop.

No wonder she was so quiet. And her twin was quiet, too, because Natalie was throwing down goodies.

Why does this stuff only happen when Daddy is at work?

For Christmas I was going to find shirts that read "Which One Am I?" but I think I'm going to look instead for shirts that say "Silent" and "Deadly." Or maybe "Search" & "Destroy?" "Divide/Conquer?" They may not be cutesy, but the truth hurts, man. I have observed lately that Natalie seems to be the evil mastermind, while Noelle is her minion. Natalie doesn't communicate verbally as well as Noelle, but watch out! - those wheels are turning behind those droopy bangs!

1 comment:

twinmamabee said...

That is so funny. My Peanut is definitely the mastermind and she isn't as verbal as Jelly Bean yet.

Unfortunately, Jelly Bean is my drama queen, so I have to watch out for nautiness AND sass. Fun!