Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Annual Christmas Portrait Misery







One way or another, Christmas Picture Day always turns out to be one of the worst days of the year. The only ones who are genuinely smiling in this picture are Sarah & Clare.

Scott just had a fight with his girlfriend. And no, he's not standing on a box, he's just getting that tall.
Brian and Conor were fighting.
Theresa hates all formal portraits, and started crying the second we told her it was picture day.
The babies only cooperated because we gave them candy canes.
Andy is disgusted with the house and family in general.
I just got finished crying because today I managed to screw up everything I touched.

I guess we're all getting much better at just sucking it up and smiling for the lousy camera, because we don't look like we all hate each other. Boy, the outtakes are something, though. Merry Christmas, one and all!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Aww! I really like the second one. I have to confess, I was giggling as I read your descriptions of what happened prior to the photo session. Not very Christian of me! But I can so relate to your pain!

For what it's worth, I can't tell at all--you look like a closeknit, loving bunch. You give me hope that some day I'll succeed in getting a picture of all 6 of us with our eyes open and smiling AT THE SAME TIME.

Merry Christmas, Michele!