Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayer for Strengthening the Family

I have this little prayer book that I lose several times a day, so I'm posting my current favorite prayer so I can still refer to it until I commit it to memory.


Lord Jesus, my family needs Your help today. We are searching for tranquility and peace and an end to the discord that keeps us apart. Give us strength and compassion to understand each other, wisdom and love to help one another, and the trust and patience we need to live peacefully together. I pray that our family might become a holy family - a family that works, prays and plays together, a family that embraces peace and love, a family whose members are dedicated in love to each other and to God. Amen

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love this prayer, and like a good Christian, I am now going to steal it ; )