Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stations of the Cross, First Station

First Station

Jesus is condemned to death


We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You,
because by Your holy Cross You have redeemed the world.

Again the high priest began to ask him, and said to him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" And Jesus said to him, "I am. And you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven." But the high priest tore his garments and said, "What further need have we of witnesses? You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?" And they all condemned him as liable to death. ( Mark 14, 61 to 64)

Reflection: The kings of the earth rise up, and the princes conspire together against the Lord and against his Anointed. I will proclaim the decree of the Lord; the Lord said to me: 'You are my Son; this day I have begotten you. Ask of me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession." (Psalm 2, 2 & 7-8)

Let us pray: All-powerful and eternal God, for proclaiming the truth you Son, Jesus Christ, is condemned to death by crucifixion. Stir up your love in our hearts so that we might be ever faithful to all that You have told us, and fear nothing more than the loss of your friendship through sin. Amen.

No comments: