Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stations of the Cross, Eleventh Station

Eleventh Station

Jesus is nailed to the Cross


We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you
because by your holy Cross you have redeemed the world

When they came to Golgotha, the place called the Skull, they crucified Jesus and the robbers, one of his right and the other on his left. And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Lk. 23, 33-34; Jn. 19, 18)

Reflection: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me, far from my prayer, far from the words of my cry? O my God, I cry out by day, and you answer not; I cry out by night, and there is no relief for me. All my bones are racked. My heart has become like wax melting away within my chest. My throat is dried up like baked clay, my tongue cleaves to my jaws; they have pierced my hands and my feet; I can count all my bones. (Ps. 21, 2-3, 15-16, 17b)


Let us pray: Lord and Saviour, You have told us that we too must accept crucifixion if we are to accept resurrection with You. Help us to rejoice in the sufferings that come with the fulfillment of our daily duties, seeing in them the royal road of the cross to the resurrection.

Click on the picture for a link to an excellently done page on the Catholic Stations of the Cross.

No comments: